The main health benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
We are always amazed by the incredible health benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and the science behind why and how it is such a superfood. We recently interviewed Dr Simon Poole to understand more, how the science is developing and how to ensure you use it in the right way to get the greatest benefit. But we are often asked to summarise what makes EVOO so good for you, and so where better to turn than the Olive Wellness Institute, who have published a great article on it here.
We summarise the main points:
- EVOO is a great source of healthy fats and antioxidants
- EVOO can help you reduce the risk of heart disease
- EVOO can protect you against a stroke
- EVOO can reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes
- EVOO is the best cooking oil
- EVOO makes your vegetables more nutritious
- EVOO might make your bones stronger
- EVOO might protect you against certain cancers
- EVOO is good for your brain health
- EVOO can contribute to your longevity
If you read our blog regularly you will already know that using EVOO every day helps you improve both mental and physical health. Just make sure the oil is as fresh as possibile since the health benefits are more prominent when it has been freshly milled.